As my finale in this series, I will start with quick review of the past 5 posts, and then launch into a letter to jerkfaces (yes, a technical term) who are trying to manipulate the facts of this case and try to pit Asian Americans against other people of color. That's right Stephan Thernstrom
, I'm talking to you!
So, here's the quick review...
- Post 1 - Current UC eligibilty policy
- Post 2 - New UC Entitled to Review (ETR) Policy and predicted demographic impact on who gets to apply to the UC, starting with the Fall 2012 freshmen class.
I do want to say that while every group's ETR/"you can apply to the UC... YAY for you!" numbers go up, the fact that White students becomes such a large proportion in the ETR numbers means that IF they apply in equally increased numbers, then perhaps the admissions numbers for other groups might not be as hot... time will tell... and the UC is obligated to do some serious outreach programs to education folks on the new policy.
That leads to...
- Post 3 - We don't know who will be admitted, because that's all contingent on: who will actually apply; and the comprehensive revew policies at each campus, which aren't being changed at all by this policy change.
- Post 4 - We need more detailed data!!!
- Post 5 - (this one may have ruined my career but...) I called out some politicians and an AAPI org... Hey AAPI sisters and brothers, can we talk? We need to get organized!
Now... it's time for a letter to crazy neo-conservatives... I hope you're listening Stephan Thernstrom, et al., because I need to tell you something...